Missy Nielsen
missy.nielsen@yahoo.com
208-360-1901
Rigby, Idaho

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bedtime and Friend

I made this little number for my daughter's 5th Birthday. I asked her what she wanted her cake to look like. She told me she wanted it to have her and bedtime bear on it holding hands! Well, I did my best and she loved it. I saw lots of care bear cakes, they all had a blue and white theme to go with clouds, but I decided to incorporate her favorite colors, pink and green. She told me the cake was perfect. Gotta love a 5 year old.
The frosting is buttercream and the white is fondant. I made the figures out of fondant also. This was my first attempt at making figures, and I have to say, it was pretty fun. I was pleased with how they turned out. This was a really fun cake to make.

No comments: